What is VRA?
- VRA adheres to the Middle College school calendar. With that being said, there is no 2 week break in October. There is a 3 week break in December/January
- We have a week off in March of each year.
- The Valley Robotics Academy (VRA) is a joint collaboration between Lodi Unified School District and San Joaquin Delta College to bring new and innovative Career Technical Education (CTE) and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) offerings to the Central Valley.
- VRA is the first of its kind in the area. Delta College will provide college courses; students will receive both core program and general education courses through dual enrollment at VRA. Students in grades Kindergarten through 12th will have access to robotics, drones, and automation integrated curriculum.
- VRA will provide independent study to students in a project-based learning setting that focuses on digital resources. The school will be articulated with a community college and take place on two campus sites, for our High School grades.
- Students will complete a high school diploma through a Career Technical Education (CTE) pathway with opportunities for job shadowing, internship, and/or externship. Students will also have the ability to obtain a Delta College certificate, Associate of Science degree, or Bachelor of Science transfer.
- Students will be entitled to the same support services as any other currently enrolled Delta College student, including counseling, computer labs, student email addresses, and access to the library, cafeteria, and bookstore.
VRA is housed at 13451 N. Extension Road, Lodi, CA 95242. High school students will attend classes at VRA in the morning. They are then bussed to San Joaquin Delta College. Transportation will be provided from Valley Robotics Academy site to Delta College.
VRA first opened at the beginning of the 2019/2020 school year. We had a total of 73 students. The next year (2020/2021) VRA expanded to 162 students. We were able to add Kindergarten through 6th grade to our roster. Each year, our vision is to expand with the understanding that the school will remain inviting, accomodating and STEM based.